Annotated Bibliography and Outline
Synthesis is the process of creating a new idea by analyzing multiple disparate concepts or notions to discern the common thematic or connecting principles among them. Synthesis of research is not a single innate skill. Rather, it is a process learned through time and practice. In this assignment, you will engage in the first parts of the synthesis process: annotating and outlining.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Read: Lilienfeld, S. O., Waldman, I. D., Landfield, K., Watts, A. L., Rubenzer, S., & Faschingbauer, T. R. (2012). Fearless dominance and the U.S. presidency: Implications of psychopathic personality traits for successful and unsuccessful political leadership. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 103(3), 489-505. http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=79301650&site=ehost-live&scope=site
• Read: van Eeden, R., Cilliers, F., & van Deventer, V. (2008). Leadership styles and associated personality traits: Support for the conceptualisation of transactional and transformational leadership. South African Journal of Psychology, 38(2), 253-267. http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=33720593&site=ehost-live&scope=site
• Read: Odom, S. F., Boyd, B. L., & Williams, J. (2012). Impact of Personal Growth Projects on Leadership Identity Development. Journal of Leadership Education, 11(1), 49-63.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Provide an annotated bibliography (1,000 words total) of the articles listed above. Including the following for each article:
1. The article citation and persistent link. These are provided above for you to paste into the assignment and are not included in the total word count.
2. A written summary of the key concept(s) of the article. Why was the study done? What was the population studied? What did the researcher(s) conclude? What other information about this study do you believe is unique or important to recall? Are there specific statements made by the author that you wish to retain?
Construct an outline for a paper that will explain and synthesize the articles you read for this assignment. The paper will require identification of themes common to the articles as well as a statement of the conclusions that can be drawn when the articles are taken together as a single entity you will be writing the paper in the next assignment.