Cultures of Spain
Using the Source:
Williams, M. (2009). The Story of Spain. San Mateo, CA: Golden Era Books
Answer the following questions with a minimum of four sentences a question. Use the question as a heading.
1. Explain how a Frenchman, Felipe V, came to be king of Spain.
2. Name at least three results of the Treaty of Utrecht.
3. Describe the Enlightenment. In general, was Spain open to this progress? Why or why not?
4. Compare the reign of Carlos III to Felipe V. Was one preferred over another by Spaniards?
5. Who were the Carlists? What was their role in the Carlist War?
6. Who fought the War of Independence? From who or what were they trying to gain their independence?